Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Tsze-Kung asked, saying, is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one’s life? The Master said, Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.
- When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it–this is knowledge.
- Do not worry about holding high position; worry rather about playing your proper role.
- If you look into your own heart, you find nothing wrong there, what is there to fear?
- When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them.
- The way of the superior person is threefold; virtuous, they are free from anxieties; wise they are free from perplexities; and bold they are free from fear.