All other men are specialists, but his specialty is omniscience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Sir Walter, with his 61 years of life, although he never wrote a novel until he was over 40, had, fortunately for the world, a longer working career than most of his brethren.
- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
- Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.
- It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.
- I can never bring you to realize the importance of sleeves, the suggestiveness of thumb-nails, or the great issues that may hang from a boot-lace.
- I never guess. It is a shocking habit — destructive to the logical faculty.