The difference between what the most and the least learned people know is inexpressibly trivial in relation to that which is unknown.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A theory is the more impressive the greater is the simplicity of its premises, the more different are the kinds of things it relates and the more extended the range of its applicability.
- At the same time, as social beings, we are moved in the relations with our fellow beings by such feelings as sympathy, pride, hate, need for power, pity, and so on.
- When you examine the lives of the most influential people who have ever walked among us, you discover one thread that winds through them all. They have been aligned first with their spiritual nature and only then with their physical selves.
- In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love