The years teach us much the days never knew.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The studious class are their own victims: they are thin and pale, their feet are cold, their heads are hot, the night is without sleep, the day a fear of interruption –pallor, squalor, hunger, and egotism.
- No man ever prayed heartily without learning something.
- In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.
- We learn geology the morning after the earthquake.
- Oh man! There is no planet sun or star could hold you, if you but knew what you are.
- If government knew how, I should like to see it check, not multiply, the population. When it reaches its true law of action, every man that is born will be hailed as essential.