The years teach us much the days never knew.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The studious class are their own victims: they are thin and pale, their feet are cold, their heads are hot, the night is without sleep, the day a fear of interruption –pallor, squalor, hunger, and egotism.
- No man ever prayed heartily without learning something.
- We learn geology the morning after the earthquake.
- In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.
- One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday.
- Oh man! There is no planet sun or star could hold you, if you but knew what you are.