No man ever prayed heartily without learning something.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.
- We learn geology the morning after the earthquake.
- The years teach us much the days never knew.
- The studious class are their own victims: they are thin and pale, their feet are cold, their heads are hot, the night is without sleep, the day a fear of interruption –pallor, squalor, hunger, and egotism.
- The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear.
- ‘Tis very certain that each man carries in his eye the exact indication of his rank in the immense scale of men, and we are always learning to read it. A complete man should need no auxiliaries to his personal presence.