The things which hurt, instruct.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.
- Learn of the skillful; he that teaches himself, has a fool for his master.
- There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self.
- One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued.
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave.