The things which hurt, instruct.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Learn of the skillful; he that teaches himself, has a fool for his master.
- He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.
- One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued.
- A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave.
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.