No one as ever completed their apprenticeship.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I’ve studied now Philosophy and Jurisprudence, Medicine — and even, alas! Theology — from end to end with labor keen; and here, poor fool with all my lore I stand, no wiser than before.
- In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.
- Everywhere, we learn only from those whom we love.
- The little that is completed, vanishes from the sight of one who looks forward to what is still to do.
- The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.
- He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line.