Learning isn’t a means to an end; it is an end in itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Human beings hardly ever learn from the experience of others. They learn; when they do, which isn’t often, on their own, the hard way.
- When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to it’s subjects, this you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motive.
- Belief gets in the way of learning.
- To get anywhere, or even live a long time, a man has to guess, and guess right, over and over again, without enough data for a logical answer.
- A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.
- A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, cone a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.