Have you ever seen a pedant with a warm heart?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The craftiest trickery are too short and ragged a cloak to cover a bad heart.
- He who seldom speaks, and with one calm well-timed word can strike dumb the loquacious, is a genius or a hero.
- There are many kinds of smiles, each having a distinct character. Some announce goodness and sweetness, others betray sarcasm, bitterness and pride; some soften the countenance by their languishing tenderness, others brighten by their spiritual vivacity.
- To know yourself you have only to set down a true statement of those that ever loved or hated you.
- You may depend upon it that he is a good man whose intimate friends are all good, and whose enemies are decidedly bad.
- He knows very little of mankind who expects, by any facts or reasoning, to convince a determined party man.