Erudition can produce foliage without bearing fruit.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The human tendency to regard little things as important has produced very many great things.
- The greatest events occur without intention playing any part in them; chance makes good mistakes and undoes the most carefully planned undertaking. The world’s greatest events are not produced, they happen.
- People often become scholars for the same reason they become soldiers: simply because they are unfit for any other station. Their right hand has to earn them a livelihood; one might say they lie down like bears in winter and seek sustenance from their paws.
- Some theories are good for nothing except to be argued about.
- The worst thing you can possibly do is worrying and thinking about what you could have done.
- We have no words for speaking of wisdom to the stupid. He who understands the wise is wise already.