All learning has an emotional base.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune.
- Too much attention to health is a hindrance to learning, to invention, and to studies of any kind, for we are always feeling suspicious shootings and swimmings in our heads, and we are prone to blame studies from them.
- Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Wisdom alone is the science of others sciences.
- The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so.