It takes a great deal of living to get a little deal of learning.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Give little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
- Obey something, and you will have a chance to learn what is best to obey. But if you begin by obeying nothing, you will end by obeying the devil and all his invited friends.
- No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- What distinguishes a great artist from a weak one is first their sensibility and tenderness; second, their imagination, and third, their industry.
- A great thing can only be done by a great person; and they do it without effort.
- No person who is not a great sculptor or painter can be an architect. If he is not a sculptor or painter, he can only be a builder.