It takes a great deal of living to get a little deal of learning.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- What distinguishes a great artist from a weak one is first their sensibility and tenderness; second, their imagination, and third, their industry.
- The great cry that rises from all our manufacturing cities, louder than the furnace blast, is all in very deed for this — that we manufacture everything there except men.
- Doing is the great thing, for if people resolutely do what is right, they come in time to like doing it.
- It is impossible, as impossible as to raise the dead, to restore anything that has ever been great or beautiful in architecture. That which I have… insisted upon as the life of the whole, that spirit which is given only by the hand and eye of the workman, can never be recalled.
- People cannot live by lending money to one another.