The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of our own ignorance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.
- Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.
- The wishing gate opens into nothing.
- The Lord gets his best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction.
- Trust in the person’s promise, who dares to refuse what they fear they cannot perform.
- No one is so miserable as the poor person who maintains the appearance of wealth.