The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of our own ignorance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.
- It is a great pity when the one who should be the head figure is a mere figure head.
- Luck generally comes to those who look for it, and my notion is that it taps, once in a lifetime, at everybody’s door, but if industry does not open it luck goes away.
- Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite.
- Economy is half the battle of life. It is not so hard to earn money as to spend it well.
- No one knows who is listening, say nothing you would not wish put in the newspapers.