I forget what I was taught. I only remember what I have learnt.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The cane leaves a mark on your flesh for a few hours, a day or two. The good answers to the questions leave a mark on your brain for many years, sometimes even for life.
- The truth of it is, learning, like travelling, and all other methods of improvement, as it finishes good sense, so it makes a silly man ten thousand times more insufferable, by supplying variety of matter to his impertinence, and giving him an opportunity of abounding in absurdities.
- Learning never exhausts the mind.
- Much learning shows how little mortals know; much wealth, how little wordings enjoy.
- You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.