You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Generosity is another quality which, like patience, letting go, non-judging, and trust, provides a solid foundation for mindfulness practice. You might experiment with using the cultivation of generosity as a vehicle for deep self-observation and inquiry as well as an exercise in giving. A good place to start is with yourself. See if you can give yourself gifts that may be true blessings, such as self-acceptance, or some time each day with no purpose. Practice feeling deserving enough to accept these gifts without obligation-to simply receive from yourself, and from the universe.
- Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience.
- Many people realize their hearts desires late in life. Continue learning, never stop striving and keep your curiosity sharp, and you will never become too old to appreciate life.
- When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die.
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
- Never stop learning; knowledge doubles every fourteen months.