If you are losing your leisure, look out! You are losing your soul.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Most people sell their souls, and live with a good conscience on the proceeds.
- Whiskey has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whiskey than bullets. What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers.
- The indefatigable pursuit of an unattainable perfection –even though nothing more than the pounding of an old piano –is what alone gives a meaning to our life on this unavailing star.
- Thank Heaven, the sun has gone in, and I don’t have to go out and enjoy it.
- That we should practice what we preach is generally admitted; but anyone who preaches what he and his hearers practice must incur the gravest moral disapprobation.
- Don’t let young people tell you their aspirations; when they drop them they will drop you.