My objection to Liberalism is this — that it is the introduction into the practical business of life of the highest kind — namely, politics — of philosophical ideas instead of political principles.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own.
- Nationality is the miracle of political independence; race is the principle of physical analogy.
- Fame and power are the objects of all men. Even their partial fruition is gained by very few; and that, too, at the expense of social pleasure, health, conscience, life.
- We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.
- Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress: having reflected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.
- A precedent embalms a principle.