They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
- Where liberty is, there is my country.
- Leisure is the time for doing something useful. This leisure the diligent person will obtain the lazy one never.
- God grant that not only the love of liberty but a thorough knowledge of the rights of man may pervade all the nations of the earth, so that a philosopher may set his foot anywhere on its surface and say: This is my country!
- A spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar.
- Most people dislike vanity in others, whatever share they have of it themselves; but I give it fair quarter, wherever I meet with it, being persuaded that it is often productive of good to the possessor, and to others who are within his sphere of action: and therefore, in many cases, it would not be altogether absurd if a man were to thank God for his vanity among the other comforts of life.