A day, an hour of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Eternity! thou pleasing, dreadful thought.
- A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes.
- He who would pass his declining years with honor and comfort, should, when young, consider that he may one day become old, and remember when he is old, that he has once been young.
- The truth of it is, learning, like travelling, and all other methods of improvement, as it finishes good sense, so it makes a silly man ten thousand times more insufferable, by supplying variety of matter to his impertinence, and giving him an opportunity of abounding in absurdities.
- A perfect tragedy is the noblest production of human nature.
- There is not a more unhappy being than a superannuated idol.