When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You are the land. The land is you.
- There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
- All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
- The cruelest lies are often told in silence. A man may have sat in a room for hours and not opened his mouth, and yet come out of that room a disloyal friend or a vile calumniator.
- Telling lies is a fault in a boy, an art in a lover, an accomplishment in a bachelor, and second-nature in a married man.
- There is no lie that a man will not believe; and there is no man who does not believe many lies; and there is no man who believes only lies.