And thou wilt give thyself relief, if thou doest every act of thy life as if it were the last.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Thou wilt find rest from vain fancies if thou doest every act in life as though it were thy last.
- Your life is what your thoughts make it.
- Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
- The art of living is more like that of wrestling than of dancing; the main thing is to stand firm and be ready for an unseen attack.
- Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and truly all that comes under thy observation in life.
- Always observe how ephemeral and worthless human things are. Pass then through this little space of time conformably to nature, and end thy journey in content, just as an olive falls off when it is ripe, blessing nature who produced it, and thanking the tree on which it grew.