Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom.
- Books are not men and yet they stay alive.
- Honesty is as rare as a man without self-pity.
- This is what is sad when one contemplates human life, that so many live out their lives in quiet lostness… they live, as it were, away from themselves and vanish like shadows. Their immortal souls are blown away, and they are not disquieted by the question of its immortality, because they are already disintegrated before they die.
- Not by gain our life is measured, But by what we’ve lost ‘Tis scored; ‘Tis not how much wine is drunken But how much has been outpoured. For the strength of love never standeth In the sacrifice we bear; He who has the greatest suffering Ever has the most to share.
- Life is a series of steps. Things are done gradually. Once in a while there is a giant step, but most of the time we are taking small, seemingly insignificant steps on the stairway of life.