The essential conditions of everything you do must be choice, love, passion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat… the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle.
- Were it offered to my choice, I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults in the first.
- I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life… I wanted to live so sturdily and so Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life… to drive life into a corner to know it by experience and be able to give an account of it in my next excursion.
- Life is the only art that we are required to practice without preparation, and without being allowed the preliminary trials, the failures and botches, that are essential for training.
- The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.
- Variability is the law of life, and as no two faces are the same, so no two bodies are alike, and no two individuals react alike and behave alike under the abnormal conditions which we know as disease.