Life is a glass given to us to fill; a busy life is filling it with as much as it can hold; a hurried life has had more poured into it than it can contain.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The church exists to train its member through the practice of the presence of God to be servants of others, to the end that Christlikeness may become common property.
- Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife! To all the sensual world proclaim. One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name.
- Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
- The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well.
- We quaff the cup of life with eager haste without draining it, instead of which it only overflows the brim — objects press around us, filling the mind with the throng of desires that wait upon them, so that we have no room for the thoughts of death.
- In the book of life every page has two sides: we human beings fill the upper side with our plans, hopes and wishes, but providence writes on the other side, and what it ordains is seldom our goal.