Life is a struggle, but not a warfare.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Travel and society polish one, but a rolling stone gathers no moss, and a little moss is a good thing on a man.
- Blessed is the man who has some congenial work, some occupation in which he can put his heart, and which affords a complete outlet to all the forces there are in him.
- A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying.
- Temperament lies behind mood; behind will, lies the fate of character. Then behind both, the influence of family the tyranny of culture; and finally the power of climate and environment; and we are free, only to the extent we rise above these.
- For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice — no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.
- One may summon his philosophy when they are beaten in battle, not till then.