Life’s enchanted cup sparkles near the brim.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is very certain that the desire of life prolongs it.
- Between two worlds life hovers like a star, twixt night and morn, upon the horizon’s verge.
- When one subtracts from life infancy (which is vegetation), sleep, eating and swilling, buttoning and unbuttoning — how much remains of downright existence? The summer of a dormouse.
- Every day confirms my opinion on the superiority of a vicious life — and if Virtue is not its own reward I don’t know any other stipend annexed to it.
- For in itself a thought, a slumbering thought, is capable of years, and curdles a long life into one hour.
- Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.