Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.
- When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
- The art of living is more like that of wrestling than of dancing; the main thing is to stand firm and be ready for an unseen attack.
- Life! Life! Don’t let us go to life for our fulfillment or our experience. It is a thing narrowed by circumstances, incoherent in its utterance, and without that fine correspondence of form and spirit which is the only thing that can satisfy the artistic
- The interest in life does not lie in what people do, nor even in their relations to each other, but largely in the power to communicate with a third party, antagonistic, enigmatic, yet perhaps persuadable, which one may call life in general.
- Our life’s journey of self-discovery is not a straight-line rise from one level of consciousness to another. Instead, it is a series of steep climbs and flat plateaus, then further climbs. Even though we all approach the journey from different directions, certain of the journey’s characteristics are common to all of us.