Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.
- The art of living is more like that of wrestling than of dancing; the main thing is to stand firm and be ready for an unseen attack.
- Our life’s journey of self-discovery is not a straight-line rise from one level of consciousness to another. Instead, it is a series of steep climbs and flat plateaus, then further climbs. Even though we all approach the journey from different directions, certain of the journey’s characteristics are common to all of us.
- Every perfect life is a parable invented by God.
- The interest in life does not lie in what people do, nor even in their relations to each other, but largely in the power to communicate with a third party, antagonistic, enigmatic, yet perhaps persuadable, which one may call life in general.
- My life is a battle.