Life is hardly more than a fraction of a second. Such a little time to prepare oneself for eternity!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life has no meaning unless one lives it with a will, at least to the limit of one’s will. Virtue, good, evil are nothing but words, unless one takes them apart in order to build something with them; they do not win their true meaning until one knows how to apply them.
- I have always wanted a mistress who was fat, and I have never found one. To make a fool of me, they are always pregnant.
- The missionary is no longer a man, a conscience. He is a corpse, in the hands of a confraternity, without family, without love, without any of the sentiments that are dear to us. Emasculated, in a sense, by his vow of chastity, he offers us the distressing spectacle of a man deformed and impotent or engaged in a stupid and useless struggle with the sacred needs of the flesh, a struggle which, seven times out of ten, leads him to sodomy, the gallows, or prison.
- We never really know what stupidity is until we have experimented on ourselves.
- Art requires philosophy, just as philosophy requires art. Otherwise, what would become of beauty?
- Art is either plagiarism or revolution.