What is important in life is life, and not the result of life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life is the childhood of our immortality.
- Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting.
- There are nine requisites for contented living: HEALTH enough to make work a pleasure; WEALTH enough to support your needs; STRENGTH enough to battle with difficulties and forsake them; GRACE enough to confess your sins and overcome them; PATIENCE enough to toil until some good is accomplished; CHARITY enough to see some good in your neighbor; LOVE enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others; FAITH enough to make real the things of God; HOPE enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.
- Yes! To this thought I hold with firm persistence; The last result of wisdom stamps it true; He only earns his freedom and existence Who daily conquers them anew.
- We are the slaves of objects around us, and appear little or important according as these contract or give us room to expand.
- A creation of importance can only be produced when its author isolates himself, it is a child of solitude.