Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
- Life is a disease; and the only difference between one man and another is the stage of the disease at which he lives. You are always at the crisis: I am always in the convalescent stage.
- The joy in life is to be used for a purpose. I want to be used up when I die.
- He didn’t dare to, because his father had a weak heart and habitually threatened to drop dead if anybody hurt his feelings. You may have noticed that people with weak hearts are the tyrants of English married life.
- I want to be all used up when I die.
- The man who writes about himself and his own time is the only man who writes about all people and about all time.