Light is the first of painters. There is no object so foul that intense light will not make it beautiful.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Beautiful light is born of darkness, so the faith that springs from conflict is often the strongest and the best.
- A man’s personal defects will commonly have with the rest of the world precisely that importance which they have to himself. If he makes light of them, so will other men.
- The education of the will is the object of our existence.
- He who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it possesses.
- I am not much an advocate for traveling, and I observe that men run away to other countries because they are not good in their own, and run back to their own because they pass for nothing in the new places. For the most part, only the light characters travel. Who are you that have no task to keep you at home?
- To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light.