Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- There is no way in which to understand the world without first detecting it through the radar-net of our senses.
- We live on the leash of our senses.
- A poem records emotions and moods that lie beyond normal language, that can only be patched together and hinted at metaphorically.
- It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between.
- One would always want to think of oneself as being on the side of love, ready to recognize it and wish it well –but, when confronted with it in others, one so often resented it, questioned its true nature, secretly dismissed the particular instance as folly or promiscuity. Was it merely jealousy, or a reluctance to admit so noble and enviable a sentiment in anyone but oneself?