In real love you want the other person’s good. In romantic love, you want the other person.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is rarely that you see an American writer who is not hopelessly sane.
- If love means that one person absorbs the other, then no real relationship exists any more. Love evaporates; there is nothing left to love. The integrity of self is gone.
- Romantic love, in pornography as in life, is the mythic celebration of female negation. For a woman, love is defined as her willingness to submit to her own annihilation. The proof of love is that she is willing to be destroyed by the one whom she loves, for his sake. For the woman, love is always self-sacrifice, the sacrifice of identity, will, and bodily integrity, in order to fulfill and redeem the masculinity of her lover.
- Two persons love in one another the future good which they aid one another to unfold.
- I adore him I have never been so happy. I have real love.
- And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment. [Philippians 1:9]