Well-ordered self-love is right and natural.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- By nature all men are equal in liberty, but not in other endowments.
- Happiness is secured through virtue; it is a good attained by man’s own will.
- The highest manifestation of life consists in this: that a being governs its own actions. A thing which is always subject to the direction of another is somewhat of a dead thing.
- Most men seem to live according to sense rather than reason.
- A man has free choice to the extent that he is rational.
- Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder.