I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.
- Love is the river of life in the world.
- When we borrow trouble, and look forward into the future and see what storms are coming, and distress ourselves before they come, as to how we shall avert them if they ever do come, we lose our proper trustfulness in God. When we torment ourselves with imaginary dangers, or trials, or reverses, we have already parted with that perfect love which casteth out fear.
- Fear secretes acids; but love and trust are sweet juices.
- He who hunts for flowers will finds flowers; and he who loves weeds will find weeds.
- There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.