Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- Men are admitted into Heaven not because they have curbed and governed their passions or have no passions, but because they have cultivated their understandings. The treasures of Heaven are not negations of passion, but realities of intellect, from which all the passions emanate uncurbed in their eternal glory. The fool shall not enter into Heaven let him be ever so holy.
- What is grand is necessarily obscure to weak men. That which can be made explicit to the idiot is not worth my care.
- Eternity is in love with the productions of time.
- Fun I love, but too much fun is of all things the most loathsome. Mirth is better than fun, and happiness is better than mirth.
- Without contraries is no progression. Attraction and repulsion, reason and energy, love and hate, are necessary to human existence.