If I place love above everything, it is because for me it is the most desperate, the most despairing state of affairs imaginable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To reduce the imagination to a state of slavery –even though it would mean the elimination of what is commonly called happiness –is to betray all sense of absolute justice within oneself. Imagination alone offers me some intimation of what can be.
- Everything tends to make us believe that there exists a certain point of the mind at which life and death, the real and the imagined, past and future, the communicable and the incommunicable, high and low, cease to be perceived as contradictions.
- What one hides is worth neither more nor less than what one finds. And what one hides from oneself is worth neither more nor less than what one allows others to find.
- In the world we live in everything militates in favor of things that have not yet happened, of things that will never happen again.
- No rules exist, and examples are simply life-savers answering the appeals of rules making vain attempts to exist.
- Leave everything. Leave Dada. Leave your wife. Leave your mistress. Leave your hopes and fears. Leave your children in the woods. Leave the substance for the shadow. Leave your easy life, leave what you are given for the future. Set off on the roads.