When first we met we did not guess that Love would prove so hard a master.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When Death to either shall come — I pray it be first to me.
- I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, his cloak was out at the elbows, the water passed through his shoes — and the stars through his soul.
- The world is wonderful and beautiful and good beyond one’s wildest imagination. Never, never, never could one conceive what love is, beforehand, never. Life can be great –quite god-like. It can be so. God be thanked I have proved it.
- God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, I love you.
- To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.
- We often speak of love when we really should be speaking of the drive to dominate or to master, so as to confirm ourselves as active agents, in control of our own destinies and worthy of respect from others.