Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Bu is a word that cools many a warm impulse, stifles many a kindly thought, puts a dead stop to many a brotherly deed. No one would ever love his neighbor as himself if he listened to all the Buts that could be said.
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
- There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a rough truth.
- What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.
- We tell our triumphs to the crowds, but our own hearts are the sole confidants of our sorrows.
- Remorse is the echo of a lost virtue.