Love comes from blindness, friendship from knowledge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- As you know, God is generally on the side of the big squadrons against the small ones.
- Love works a different way in different minds, the fool it enlightens and the wise it blinds.
- Love is said to be blind, but I know some fellows in love who can see twice as much in their sweethearts as I do.
- Love is blind.
- Love is not blind — it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
- Love, love, love — all the wretched cant of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures, a welter of self-induced miseries and joys, blinding and masking the essential personalities in the frozen gestures of courtship, in the kissing and the dating and the desire, the compliments and the quarrels which vivify its barrenness.