True love is the parent of humility.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Faith is love taking the form of aspiration.
- Do anything rather than give yourself to reverie.
- No one should part with their individuality and become that of another.
- It is far more important to me to preserve an unblemished conscience than to compass any object however great.
- No man receives the full culture of a man in whom the sensibility to the beautiful is not cherished; and there is no condition of life from which it should be excluded. Of all luxuries this is the cheapest, and the most at hand, and most important to those conditions where coarse labor tends to give grossness to the mind.
- God be thanked for books; they are the voices of the distant and the dead, and make us heirs of the spiritual life of past ages.