Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in light so dim he would not have chosen a suit by it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternatives.
- Oh, Jacques, we’re used to each other, we’re a pair of captive hawks caught in the same cage, and so we’ve grown used to each other. That’s what passes for love at this dim, shadowy end of the Camino Real.
- If you say, I love you, then you have already fallen in love with language, which is already a form of break up and infidelity.
- It is easier to guard a sack full of fleas than a girl in love.
- Every little girl knows about love. It is only her capacity to suffer because of it that increases.
- Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.