Every day I live I am more convinced that the waste of life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used, the selfish prudence that will risk nothing and which, shirking pain, misses happiness as well.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No one ever yet was the poorer in the long run for having once in a lifetime Let out all the length of all the reins.
- Love is an expression and assertion of self-esteem, a response to one’s own values in the person of another. One gains a profoundly personal, selfish joy from the mere existence of the person one loves. It is one’s own personal, selfish happiness that one seeks, earns, and derives from love.
- Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour; for a day, for a month, but I can give and I’m very happy to do that and I want to do that.
- Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; that word is love.