To love a thing means wanting it to live.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?
- Chose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bent arm for a pillow — I have still joy in the midst of all these things.
- When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it–this is knowledge.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself: Do not to others what thou wouldn’t not wish be done to thyself: Forgive injuries. Forgive thy enemy, be reconciled to him, give him assistance, invoke God in his behalf.
- To be fond of learning is near to wisdom; to practice with vigor is near to benevolence; and to be conscious of shame is near to fortitude. He who knows these three things