Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To love a thing means wanting it to live.
- It is man that makes truth great, not truth that makes man great.
- Love thy neighbor as thyself: Do not to others what thou wouldn’t not wish be done to thyself: Forgive injuries. Forgive thy enemy, be reconciled to him, give him assistance, invoke God in his behalf.
- When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.
- The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them.
- Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.