Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A life without love in it is like a heap of ashes upon a deserted hearth, with the fire dead, the laughter stilled and the light extinguished.
- But true love is a durable fire, in the mind ever burning. Never sick, never old, never dead. From itself never turning.
- Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.
- Love is a friendship caught on fire.
- Love touched her heart, and lo! It beats high, and burns with such brave hearts.
- Someday, after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energy of love; and for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.