Love was as subtly caught, as a disease; But being got it is a treasure sweet, which to defend is harder than to get: And ought not be profaned on either part, for though ‘Tis got by chance, ‘Tis kept by art.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Affliction is a treasure, and scarce any man hath enough of it.
- Let us love nobly, and live, and add again years and years unto years, till we attain to write threescore: this is the second of our reign.
- As virtuous men pass mildly away, and whisper to their souls to go, whilst some of their sad friends do say, the breath goes now, and some say no.
- When I died last, and, Dear, I die as often as from thee I go though it be but an hour ago and lovers hours be full eternity.
- As he that fears God hears nothing else, so, he that sees God sees every thing else.
- Take me to you, imprison me, for I, except you enthrall me, never shall be free, nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.