To fail to love is not to exist at all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To be what no one ever was, to be what everyone has been: Freedom is the mean of those extremes that fence all effort in.
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
- The job of the poet is to render the world — to see it and report it without loss, without perversion. No poet ever talks about feelings. Only sentimental people do.
- An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.
- People who are not in love fail to understand how an intelligent man can suffer because of a very ordinary woman. This is like being surprised that anyone should be stricken with cholera because of a creature so insignificant as the comma bacillus.
- It is here, my daughters, that love is to be found — not hidden away in corners but in the midst of occasions of sin. And believe me, although we may more often fail and commit small lapses, our gain will be incomparably the greater.