We only love truly once. It is the first time and succeeding passions are less uncontrolled.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What is the main thing in love? to know and to hide. To know about the one you love and to hide that you love. At times the hiding (shame) overpowers the knowing (passion). The passion for the hidden — the passion for the revealed.
- I define love for our purpose as the passion of one being for another in the hope of being loved in return.
- Great passions, my dear, don’t exist: they’re liars fantasies. What do exist are little loves that may last for a short or a longer while.
- If we seek the pleasures of love, passion should be occasional, and common sense continual.
- Love is an alliance of friendship and animalism; if the former predominates it is passion exalted and refined; if the latter, gross and sensual.
- Man’s love is of man’s life a part; it is a woman’s whole existence. In her first passion, a woman loves her lover, in all the others all she loves is love.