The fickleness of the women I love is only equaled by the infernal constancy of the women who love me.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity: no really self-respecting woman would take advantage of it.
- Englishmen hate Liberty and Equality too much to understand them. But every Englishman loves a pedigree.
- That is the whole secret of successful fighting. Get your enemy at a disadvantage; and never, on any account, fight him on equal terms.
- Physically there is nothing to distinguish human society from the farm-yard except that children are more troublesome and costly than chickens and calves and that men and women are not so completely enslaved as farm stock.
- Clever and attractive women do not want to vote; they are willing to let men govern as long as they govern men.
- Love is a gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everybody else.